You’ll find several important news and reminders in this email. Please, read it carefully! We are 16 days out.
Following the announcement of changes due to bad weather Castel del Rio has been replaced by Santa Sofia as stage 5 hosting town. Logistically, this change involves a bus transfer in the morning of stage 5 (July 25th). After the 2 hr transfer we arrive in the center of Santa Sofia along the shore of the Bidente river. You’ll find some refreshments and food ready, and a changing facility (unless you prefer to board the bus ready to ride). Your bikes will be downloaded and prepared not far from the start line. Stay tuned for a description of new stage 5 and 6.
Our last communication about racing license requirements sparked several questions and some of you wrote back presenting their specific cases. Your racing license must have a UCI logo and number to be accepted. Please contact your cycling federation to obtain such a license. As a back-up plan, you can purchase a daily license (one per stage) with a valid medical certificate (download). All of that is important in order to have proper medical insurance.
News and Updates:
- Remember to look for answers on the FAQ page. It is updated almost weekly with the questions that we get asked the most. We just added the exact location of the Prologue in Bologna.
- The riders’ bulletins will be saved on the website so that you won’t have to dig them out of your inbox.
- We’ve added Laundry Service: at the end of Stage 3 at from 17:00 to 18:00 in Porretta Terme is when you can drop off your cycling kits to be washed and delivered the following afternoon after the time trial (Stage 4). We will provide a mesh bag with number for a maximum of 4 cycling kits. The cost is 15 Euro of which 5 Euro is mesh bag deposit (you get it back). The drop off and pick up location will be indicated by a specific sign near the dorms.
- Personal numbers and ID bracelets are being printed as we write. The riders starting list will be published later this week.
- The schedule of the Prologue has been posted on this page.
Reminders and To Do:
- Extra packages: massages are nearly sold out; book a mechanical service now by logging in to your Active.com account. You can find the description here.
- If you have a companion with you, we offer a tourism package and a supporter package. See those programs here. We also offer a supporter dinner package at 110 Euro (122,50 with breakfasts). Final dinner is not included and it costs 40 Euro for .
- If something does not look complete with your registration, you will be contacted this week. Look out for an email from us coming from email@example.com.
- To add purchases and change info in your Active.com account you should retrieve the confirmation email and enter from there. Or, sign-in from here, and go to the event.
- Transfer Bagno di Romagna – Prologue Bologna at the beginning of the race (only if you have booked this transfer): you should plan to be picked-up in Bagno di Romagna at 7:30 in the morning on Saturday the 20th of July. The meeting point is Hotel Tosco-Romagnolo and that’s where you can leave your bike case (board the transfer with your bike assembled). Contact the hotel if you need accommodation and tell them you are a rider of Appenninica MTB.
- Pack your sleeping mat or inflatable mattress and sleeping bag. We’ll sleep indoor, however you must have your own gear.
Also, make sure to sign up for the newsletter on the website to receive the latest news and updates from Appenninica MTB Parmigiano Reggiano.
Ciao from the Appenninica team!