Riders bulletin n.3 📒September 2, 2020
This is the third rider bulletin. These bulletins will provide useful information, news, and mandatory action reminders. We are 25 days out.
Arriving and Parking
See you in Porretta Terme on Saturday September the 26th. Come to the accreditation desk between 16:30 and 19:30 at Parco Rufus Thomas here, near the central Piazza Italia. This is where Porretta holds its famous Porretta Soul Festival.
It’s market day and the following are the parking options:
– Cars: parcheggio Via Lungoreno
– Camper vans: parcheggio camper Via Cava (behind COOP)
Transfers from location stage 7 is planned for 15:00 on Saturday, September 26th.
Please have your bikes assembled and be ready to board at the above time.
– Parking and transfer location: Hotel Campus, Collecchio.
Transfer from Bologna Marconi Airport (BLQ) is planned for 15:00 on Saturday, September 26th. If you have not sent your flight schedule and number please write to email@example.com.
The meeting point is at the arrival terminal (ground floor) near the staircase. Just go towards the exit and you’ll see a driver with an Appenninica sign.
If you still need to find a hotel in Porretta for the night of Saturday the 26th, you can have a look on the Discover Alto Reno Terme website.
You can also book, on My Events in Active.com, a room at the event hotel. Hotel Santoli is a 4-star hotel with Spa and a very good restaurant.
A double room costs 190 Euro a single room costs 114 Euro. Inclusions:
– All taxes
– Spa entrance
– Transfer from the airport or parking stage 7 (if needed)
Note: dorms are open after stage 1 on Sunday; Race week hotel packages do not include the pre-race night.
Basics and Updates:
- For logistical reasons the last hosting town is Collecchio and no longer Noceto. The two towns border one another.
- The riders’ bulletins will be saved on the website so that you won’t have to dig them out of your inbox. Make sure you read them all.
- What is included in your race entry is listed under Riders Services.
- COVID prevention measures will be in place and you are obliged to comply.
- Extra packages are listed on the website and you’ll be able to book them from your events area in Active.com that you can also access from your confirmation email.
- If you have a companion or supporters with you, we offer specific services and packages (only companions who have a companion package can access certain areas).
- Strategic Nutrition Center will be at Appenninica with a team of experts and you can reserve a BIA (Bioimpedance Analysis) and nutrition consultation. It’s a unique opportunity to undergo a Body Composition visit at the start and finish of the stages to really understand body composition dynamically. Book from My Events in Active.com (150 Euro is the cost for the package) or – upon availability – pay for a single test during the race (40 Euro).
- Volunteers: do you know anyone who could volunteer? They can do so for the whole race or for a part of it.
Reminders and To Do:
- The last bulletin was about race licenses. Read it here.
- Rules. The race rules are published here (you can also download a pdf with the latest and approved race rules). You acceptance of those rules is implied with your registration.
- Online registration. We’ll contact you via email If your registration is not complete or if we have questions.
Registration is closed and we’ll soon publish the participants list and race numbers.