Appenninica MTB Stage Race 2022 partner for mechanical assistance, Sport Bike Alicante points out five aspects not to be overlooked before tackling the demanding MTB stage race on the Emilia-Romagna Apennines.
Even if you have never taken part in an MTB stage race, and maybe you are preparing for your first time at Appenninica MTB Stage Race, you know already that preparation for such an event starts from afar. And no, we’re not just talking about physical conditioning.
If you think a challenge like the Appenninica is stressful for your body (and you might be right), have you ever wondered how stressful it can be for your bike? Spoiler: indeed, no less…
From 4 to 10 September 2022, on the trails of the Emilia-Romagna Apennines, the mechanical assistance will be provided by Sport Bike Alicante, a new partner of the Appenninica MTB Stage Race. Whatever the bike’s annoyance or technical problem, the mechanics’ team will be ready to tackle and solve it.
Before reaching Castelnovo ne’ Monti for the start, it is a good idea to go through these five technical and mechanical tips to be ready to tackle the week-long Appenninica MTB Stage Race:
- Brake pads must be 100% new. Change them before setting off and ensure the brake fluid level and pressure are correct.
- Tyres must be new. Choose the best size according to your preference and driving style, but make sure that they are brand new and not already worn at the start.
- Keep in mind that you are riding on the Apennines, and the elevation profile of the Appenninica MTB Stage Race is very demanding. Obvious? Maybe so, but it’s good to recall this when making your technical choices….
- Always keep an essential tool kit at hand. Inside it: chain stripper, multi-tool, spare inner tube, spare dropout or derailleur, Co2 pump with adapter, thermal blanket, lube oil or wax, cable ties and small pliers. A week up and down the Apennines is long and full of unforeseen events: you better be prepared.
- If your bike is equipped with an electric derailleur, take along an auxiliary battery for the derailleur and a battery for the control unit. Weather variations are always possible; changes in cold and heat can drain batteries faster and create trouble.