Riders bulletin n.1 May 25, 2023
Congratulations on registering for the Fifth edition of Appenninica MTB Stage Race from September 4th to September 9th. We are 102 days out.
This is the first rider bulletin. These bulletins will provide useful information, news, and mandatory action reminders.
Basics and Updates:
- On the website, you can find lots of information and we add more useful info periodically. The FAQ page is updated with the questions that we get asked the most.
- The riders’ bulletins will be saved on the website so that you won’t have to dig them out of your inbox. Make sure you read them all.
- What is included in your race entry is listed under What you get.
- Extra packages such as hotels are listed on the website and you’ll be able to book them from your events area in Active.com which you can also access from your confirmation email.
- If you have a companion or supporters with you, we offer specific services and packages; click here.
Reminders and To Do:
- Spread the word. Do you know of anyone that could join you? Have them register soon because we have only a few spots left (after that we will open a waiting list). Also, follow our social media channels and use #AppenninicaMTB and #Appenninicafamily on your posts. Thank you!
- Rules. The race rules are published here (you can also download a pdf with the latest and approved race rules). Your acceptance of those rules is implied with your registration.
- Online registration. We’ll contact you via email If your registration is not complete or if we have questions.
Pre-race hotel options
The first stage of Appenninica 2023 is Monday the 4th. For Sunday, September 3rd you can book the following:
– Shared room for two (twin beds or one double bed; specify).
– Private room for one rider*.
– Shared room (generally a triple room). This is a new option and one you’ve asked for. We can match you to other riders or contact us to indicate your roommates. This item is booked per person and not per room.
The cost includes all taxes and fees, breakfast, and a fixed menu dinner (drinks are not included).
*Currently sold out
Pre-race hotels could be as far as 45 min drive away in Reggio Emilia. Shuttles are provided; the start of Stage 1 – in Castelnovo ne’ Monti – is in the late morning with plenty of time to get there.
Arriving even earlier
If you are arriving on Saturday the 2nd, or even earlier, and you need assistance, please contact us to discuss your best options. Do not rule out visiting Bologna – the region’s capital – for a day and catching the transfer on Sunday. Write to us to let us know where/how and when you arrive in the Emilia Romagna/Bologna