Riders bulletin n.4 July 28, 2022
This is the 4th rider bulletin. These bulletins will provide useful information, news, and mandatory action reminders. We are 38 days out.
Arriving and Parking
See you in Castelnovo ne’ Monti on Saturday, September the 3rd. Come to the accreditation desk between 14:00 and 17:00 in Piazza Gramsci here, near the City Hall. The race briefing is also there at 17:30. If you cannot do otherwise, you can also check in on Sunday morning between 9:00 and 10:00 (the stage starts at 13:00).
Parking options for long-term and camper vans:
– Cars and camper vans: parcheggio Piazzale Collodi
This is the long-term parking for those who are parking in Castelnovo ne’ Monti for the week.
Transfer – Stage 7 location (pre-booked service)
Please have your bikes assembled – not in the bike bag – and be ready to board at the above time.
Transfer – Airport (pre-booked service)
Transfer from Bologna Marconi Airport (BLQ) is planned for 13:00 on Saturday, September 3rd.
We have a small group of riders coming on Friday and we are arranging a transfer at 20:00. Reply to this email if you are interested.
If you have not sent your flight schedule with the flight number please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. We must have this information (it is not enough that you have booked the transfer).
The meeting point is at the arrival terminal (ground floor). Exit from the sliding doors and gather to your right. You’ll see a staff member with an Appenninica sign.
If you arrive by train you can reach the airport via the monorail called Marconi Express.
If you still need to find a hotel in Castelnovo ne’ Monti for the night of Saturday the 3rd, you can reply to this email.
Note: dorms are open after stage 1 on Sunday; Race week hotel packages do not include the pre-race night.
Basics and Updates:
- The starting list is online! Click here.
- The riders’ bulletins will be saved on the website so that you won’t have to dig them out of your inbox. Make sure you read them all.
- If you have a companion or supporters with you, we offer specific services and packages (only companions who have a companion package can access certain areas).
- On the website, you can find lots of information and we add more useful info periodically. The FAQ page is updated with the questions that we get asked the most.
- Read the latest Appenninica news here.
- Volunteers: do you know anyone who could volunteer? They can do so for the whole race or for a part of it.
Reminders and To Do:
- Racing license. If you have missed the racing license email you can find it here. If you are buying the daily licenses please have 70 Euro in cash at registration and the medical declaration.
- Rules. The race rules are published here. Your acceptance of those rules is implied with your registration.
- Online registration. We’ll contact you via email If your registration is not complete or if we have questions.
Ciao from the Appenninica team!